Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hawaiiguy_gw

Pool Deck Remodel

Hawaiiguy
9 years ago

Glad to have jumped into this forum! I am trying to remodel our pool deck here in Hawaii and as this is my first time as a homeowner with a pool. I believe the deck has a cool deck coating above the concrete and the palm trees in the picture were placed where the spa used to be as the Spa was moved and replaced with a stand alone spa. There are cracks radiating out from the palm trees in the cool deck and into the former spa's return. My question is can I keep the palm trees and replace the deck safely with stamped concrete and not have future problems occur? I have about $12K to spend on the entire deck remodel which is about 1200 sq. feet including the walkway up to the pool but would like thoughts on 1, if the Palms can be saved; 2, the best decking options for the saltwater pool; 3, what I can get done for that price by a professional here in Hawaii as many stories and a few bad experiences so far with some unscrupulous vendors for pumps and such so far make me cautious. I can also post follow up pics of the cracks and palm roots Mahalo for the Help and Insight!

Comment (1)