Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Pool construction problem

Posted by RajRam (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 23:03

Please help. I started a new pool construction with a contractor. The permit was issued by Irving texas on 2/21/14. THe PB started construction very soon. After excavation and steel belly, the city approved stell belly inspection. Soon after the PB poured gunite and took 75% of the money and left. No work done for the past 4 weeks. He wont answer phone or email. He scheduled inspection for pool bonding on 4/3/14 and inspection failed and inspector said pool bonding inspection should be done before gunite.
THe PB wont respond for any of my calls/email etc and dont know what I can do to continue. I have spent a lot of money. The backyard is a complete mess with dangerous steel/pvc,digged ground, no fence , yard and sprinlers.

Dont what to do? Does that mean the gunite have to removed now for inspecion to pass. anyone know any constructor who will take over from this stage and finish the project.

Should I close the pool? How to recover the money?

Please help. I am very very stressed out.

My kids are so disappointed as well.

Help !!

Thanks,
Raj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Pool construction problem

Never give them 75% and if they ask don't even consider using them. Too late now but any pool builder asking for that much during any scheduled completion period is a crook in my opinion. I don't trust any pool builder and its a disgrace there is ZERO regulation in Texas. No licensing required and anyone can be a pool builder. Good luck. I'd be hunting him down ASAP.

o

For the electrical inspection to pass I need to do OMN testing. ANy one know what is OMN Testing??

Can any one suggest a Pool Builder who can take over the project after gunite and complete it? I live in Irving, Texas

o

If I were you, I would post the name of the pool builder here who will not respond you to now. Maybe someone else knows something about them. At the least, you can help others who might be considering using him.

o

Why is there an inspection required, is it the city or homeowners association? I recently moved from The Woodlands where they required inspections but where I live now I don't think they are required.

Any progress on your situation? It's really a shame that as many pools that are built in Texas there is zero regulation. I just don't get it but it doesn't surprise me in many ways. Anyone can be a pool builder and they can take your money and run, happens all the time. They also like to file for bankruptcy and start up in a few weeks under a different name. We had friends that had the same thing happen to them They had a hard time finding someone to finish it but they eventually did find a another builder. Most wanted no part due to the legal issues and previous unknown work. They never got their money back, guy filed for bankruptcy and got away with it.

This post was edited by ktm250sx on Sun, May 11, 14 at 16:34

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here