Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Decking

Posted by jeffandhollie (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 22:04

My wife and I are pricing out our backyard remodel and are looking at putting in a pool. We have found some great PB based on recommendations from neighbors. My question is regarding the decking.

All 3 pool builders have said they would install the travertine coping for us and all me to do the decking afterward. This could save us quite a bit of money and let me do some DIY, which I love and do whenever I can. Is there anything wrong or anything to be cautious of with this approach?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Decking

Just insure that you comply with the proper bonding requirements.

o
RE: Pool Decking

I actually wish that I subcontract the decking to save cost since I didn't even know about that option for myself. PB is just going to be the middle man and mark up that cost anyway! That's why I'm planning to just get enough decking to save me the time for now and upgrade or put in more decking later. I had met someone recently who hired a part time construction guy who did a wonderful job on his pavers decking for 5/sq foot! materials and labor! Of course I got the guy's phone number saved and will call in the future!..:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here