Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool was finished in Mar

Posted by alyx_c (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 21:24

Thanks to all for answering my questions. We used a travertine border against stained concrete and iridescent mosaic copper tile for tile around the pool and tanning area. It was overcast this day so it's hard to see the beauty in the tile, it pops. We went with salt water, white plaster and the swim jets at the end. Now the only issue is keeping the sand out of the pool. :-) Thanks, again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool was finished in Mar

Beautiful! Love the curtains also. What's the depth of your pool?

o

Thanks, It always windy and usually very sunny so we built the pergolas to help with the sun, they will be painted white soon and the cedar on top has been weatherproofed and will stay natural. Just about everything is modern at this house which is reflected in the pergolas but I just had to have the curtains. :-) The Tanning area is 9" and at the bottom of the steps where the pool bottom starts it goes from 3' to 4.5'. the swim jets are at the deep end. On the island you reach salt water around 5.5 - 6' so no deep pools.

o

Beautiful & classy. Where are you located?

o

Just Beautiful! and So Serene looking!

o

Padre Island, TX. Longest Barrier Island in the world. :-)

Thank you for your kind comments. It is very serene. I lay on the chaise you can't see in the picture and go to sleep.

o

Absolutely beautiful. I feel more relaxed just looking at it.

Where did you get the curtains?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here