Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it feasible to make a pool deeper

Posted by kcblu (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 20:56

We bought this house year and a half ago with the existing pool. The pool is 15 x 30 or 32. The depth in the most shall part is maybe 2.5 to 3 ft and in the deepest part it is 4.5 or so in the deepest part. I am short so it doesn't bother me so much and I use the shallow part for wallking a lot and can tread water in the deep part but my 6 ft tall husband has been very unhappy with the depth. You can't even swim short laps because your feet will it the bottom when kicking in the most shallow part.

We have always wondered if it was feasible to make it a bit deeper so as to make it a more comforatable depth (not for diving or anything). Is the cost worth it if it can be done. It has a liner with steel sides. I am sure the liner will be good for a few more years so if we did it we would probably wait till then. Otherwise it is an enjoyable little pool and easy to maintain.
We have replaced the wood all around and put in black aluminum fence and it looks really nice. We will probably replace the gas heater soon. The picture was from last summer.
I just felt this would be a good place to raise this question for discussion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it feasible to make a pool deeper

Yes you can make a 30ft pool up to 7ft deep in the deep end which should leave you 8ft of shallow end 3ft deep. Because of the steel panels and controlling the amount of slope to the deep end this would be about the most I would recommend changing the depth. Costs including a new liner should be around 7 to 8k.

o
RE: Is it feasible to make a pool deeper

Thanks, muddy water, thats what I was looking for. How long do liners last? Thinking it would be prudent to wait till we need a new one. I think this one is about 4 yrs old.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here