Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tigereye

Is it feasible to make a pool deeper

tigereye
9 years ago

We bought this house year and a half ago with the existing pool. The pool is 15 x 30 or 32. The depth in the most shall part is maybe 2.5 to 3 ft and in the deepest part it is 4.5 or so in the deepest part. I am short so it doesn't bother me so much and I use the shallow part for wallking a lot and can tread water in the deep part but my 6 ft tall husband has been very unhappy with the depth. You can't even swim short laps because your feet will it the bottom when kicking in the most shallow part.

We have always wondered if it was feasible to make it a bit deeper so as to make it a more comforatable depth (not for diving or anything). Is the cost worth it if it can be done. It has a liner with steel sides. I am sure the liner will be good for a few more years so if we did it we would probably wait till then. Otherwise it is an enjoyable little pool and easy to maintain.
We have replaced the wood all around and put in black aluminum fence and it looks really nice. We will probably replace the gas heater soon. The picture was from last summer.
I just felt this would be a good place to raise this question for discussion.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
ABC Glass and Mirror
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars46 Reviews
Northern Virginia Leading Shower Glass and Mirror Designer