Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Orange Spots on Tiles and Pool Walls

Posted by RollTideTX (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 20:43

I need some of the experts here to help me identify these orange spots appearing in my pool. They are forming on the water line tiles and on the pool walls - there don't appear to be any on the pool floor that I can tell. The ones on the tiles wipe right off, but I have to brush the ones on the walls pretty good to get them to go away. Any ideas of a) what these are and b) how to get rid of them. PH is at 7.6. I will have to get the other test results and post them later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Orange Spots on Tiles and Pool Walls

I would get that water tested for metals today.
Looks like it might be sequesterant time.

o

Try some crushed vitamin C tab in a sock for 20 minutes. If it's still there, it isn't iron. Try a trichlor tab for a few minutes and see if that makes a difference. If it fades, it's organic. Shock and brush thoroughly.

Scott

o

Thanks guys - pool builder thinks its organic and wants to shock treat the pool. I am going to try the approach suggested by Scott.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here