Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fence Question

Posted by JeremyLin (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 20:23

I have a fence that separates my main patio area from my pool area, which I keep closed when little kids are over the house. However, when I have parties, I like to keep the double gates open on the fence. Any suggestions on what to use to hold the gates open??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fence Question

For a chain link:
You could drive a piece of 1/2" electrical conduit in the ground about a foot to 18" and use a 2' long piece of aluminum rod as a holder on each side. The rod would stand about 6 to 12 inches high and catch the fence near the bottom. Both are in Home Depot or Lowes.

For a wood or vinyl:
The fencing section in Home Depot and Lowes will have what you need to attach to the fence. Again, put conduit in the ground to hold the rod attached to the fence.

Scott

o

It's a black aluminum Jerrith fence. Would something similar to what you explained still work?

o

I am assuming you're not doing the fence yourself. The installer should have a similar method for holding the gates open available. Use my description for the wood/vinyl fence as a guide. The installer may have a different solution too.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here