Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions on pool liner please!!!

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 20:23

My pool liner is getting old, it’s pulled away from the corners on the steps and has lost color. In the last 2 years we’ve had a couple of leaks, all have been patched. Should I have liner replaced when I open the pool? Are some liners better than others? Are some more expensive? Is it costly to have the shallow end extended when we replace the liner? Right now the pool has a very small shallow end, the previous owner was a diver, we are swimmers, but the diving board is not used much, even though I wouldn’t remove it, I would like to have a larger area to walk in, and a more gradual drop from shallow to deep. Any information you can give me on new liners will be appreciated. I plan on checking out prices with more than the person who opens and closes my pool, do you see a problem if I don’t use him for the liner? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions on pool liner please!!!

If you take away the board you could turn the whole pool into a shallow pool. Other than that the slope is designed for the diving. Look for a 27mil liner. As for replacing it wait until it will not hold water anymore if you want and use whatever company you want to replace and change the depth if you so wish.

o
RE: Suggestions on pool liner please!!!

Muddy thanks for your reply. My liner still is holding water,my concern has been the cost of repairs when my pool person has had to dive to find small holes...reason why I was losing water,was wondering if its cost effective to just change when I've been told I can "probably" get another year out of the liner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here