Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polaris blower not working?

Posted by dogue_lover (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 20:05

my pool is now going on its 5th summer season. We have an entire Jandy Aquapure system, pump/filter/heater/salt cell..
Lately I have noticed the Air blower is not working correctly. The only air getting to the spa-jets is coming from what I think is some kind of Venturi type valve and thats all. Not much water pressure and not much air bubbles in the spa at all. We have a Jandy 1.5 HP pump with 6 jets in the spa and four floor bubblers as well. Spa is approx. 40 ft. from equipment pad and elevated about 2' higher than pool pump. The air blower turns on, as you can clearly hear it operating, but no bubbles/air seem to be getting thru to the spa? anybody have any suggestions on what could be stoppin the flow of air or does my blower need replacing? it is a Polaris blower... model # 1-470-02 with 1.5 peak HP. any help on this would be much appreciated.. thanks in advance...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polaris blower not working?

Can you post a picture of this "venturi type valve"

o

there is a jandy 3 way valve located near spa that sounds as if it works like a venturi valve when in 3rd postion. I can hear a slight suction of air from the pipe and small amounts of air is pulled into the spa. valve is similiar to the automated valves on equipment pad but it is a manual valve that I think is to control amount of air entering spa. it has a skimmer like cover and is in small hole in concrete pad. I've tried all 3 positions so I know that valve is not in a closed position. Also, the foot or floor bubblers stopped working about a year after the pool/spa was finished but the other spa's jets worked fine. almost as if there was too much water pressure in the floor jets/bubblers for the air blower to push air thru entire system? thanks again, Drew

o

Bump !!

o

Pix please.

Put them in a PhotoBucket album. Eat pic will have 4 code options. Copy the 3rd to the message box here, on per line, any white space between the pix is useful for in line descriptions.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here