Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool chemicals- vinyl

Posted by erl2009 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 19:51

We recently built an inground vinyl pool based on pictures on this site....esp zuggy333's. Can anyone give their 2 cents on chemicals they use and lessons learned?? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool chemicals- vinyl

Bump

o

I have the water tested at a pool/spa supply store and add the chemicals that they recommend.

o

I tried to help you out but the site I was directing you too is not allowed to be mentioned anymore on here. Too bad because you don't need the pool stores over priced chemicals and inaccurate water testing.

o

Sorry but my stores water testing is by far as good as anything that you could do yourself and I keep the records for you for warranty issues. Also all my people are C.P.O. Certified that read the tests. So don't make general statements on pool stores there are some out there that really are a added value to pool owners. As for a vinyl pool the biggest thing is all chemicals for the most part must be mixed in a bucket of water and the broadcasted into the pool. Read your liner manufactures warranty so you can understand what levels and chemicals are needed to keep your liner in shape and looking good for years to come.....enjoy you pool and congrats

o

Disagree on the mixing of chemicals in a bucket, not necessary IMHO. I use no chemicals from the pool store and don't mix anything in a bucket. My VL pool is 12 years old and looks great. From all the testimonials I've read your pool store must be in the minority as far as accurate water testing goes. Sorry if I offended you Muddy but there are a lot of people out there with some very bad pool store stories, glad to hear there are some reputable ones out there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here