Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diamond Brite color

Posted by GardenState732 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 18:56

The time has come in our renovation process when we MUST choose the Diamond Brite color for our pool. We just want a nice soft natural-looking blue - no windex blue! And no green!!

Because it's only April, most pools in NJ are not yet opened. Having to rely on photos or brochures is way too risky. Advice/info from anyone with Diamond Brite experience would be really appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diamond Brite color

SInce your post is below my post I thought I would add what I have learned in my internet searches.
The pool color is effected by light and what surrounds the pool. Many clients moan over their pool color appearing off the first week not knowing the eventual color takes a few weeks to develop.

If your yard has a majority of green grass the darker colors like the lagoon look will complement better.
The color of your pavers also will determine the color choice.
If you have light sand colors in the yard the light blues will work. If your yard has dark grass, with heavy stones a darker blue green would complement it.
I will be working with Pebble tech but using the diamond brite photo gallery to help in my selection.

Ihad chosen the belle blue but after viewing photos of others pools and the photo galleries on other aggregate products a darker color would work better with my pool.

In a long winded manner I am saying that you need to take into account the surroundings to choose your pool color. I have lived in Monmouth and Morris county so a blue would look great if you are near the shore and have light browns in the yard. If you live in the northern section of Jersey with forest a darker blue would be better.

o

Chickadee, thanks for your input. We are looking for a nice light blue. Having a hard time trusting that the colors in the brochure or on the internet are "true". Hoping to be able to see some pools in person soon.

o

I too am about to start a job and am struggling with color choice. Can anyone post a Diamond Brite Aqua Blue photo? I am afraid it will be too green. I am looking for a bright Caribbean sea look. Also, I would love to see French Grey. My husband thinks it looks too murky in some photos, but I see other photos where it is stunning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here