Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making 1st payment

Posted by tomtnt (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 11 at 17:42

My contract stipulates 1st payment, 30% "at completion of excavation".

On the back, however, it states that "Approval of work by an inspecting governmental agency is deemed to be completion of that work."

The pool company wants me to make my payment now, after excavation. I'm arguing that I shouldn't have to make the payment after the 1st inspection (which is excavation and rough plumbing.) as it is not completely certain that the excavation/siting of the pool is properly completed until inspected.

I wouldn't normally care, but we had some permit issues with regard to the siting of the pool which is making me quite nervous about the first inspection.

Do I have a legal leg to stand on refusing to make my first payment until after the inspection based on those wordings?

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making 1st payment

Completion is defined as work approved by govt agency.

Has the agency approved it ? If not, read the contract to them, and let them know that you will follow their contract.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here