Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
styler32

Diamond Brite and River Rok pictures requested

styler32
11 years ago

I've been following this board forever, and after years of just admiring, we're finally building our own pool! The only problem is we cannot decide on a color. Our builder does Diamond Brite and River Rok but he doesn't have many photos of anything other than the regular blue. We are interested in:

Diamond Brite in French Gray, Steel Blue, Ocean Blue and Aegean Sea

River Rok in Blue Opal, Baha Sand or Lucayan Blue

I know that's a lot to choose from, but if anyone has their own personal photos we can see I would SO appreciate it! We've really been gravitating towards the Diamond Brite Watercolors series, but finding photos of those pools have been next to impossible.

Thanks again!

Comments (11)

• cnr1089
    11 years ago

Here is 1 picture of my River Rok Baha Sand pool. The biggest problem is that the color is so different based on the time of day, lighting, and trees.

It looks pretty green, and it is green more often than not, but not always.

• jscozz
    11 years ago

Have you made a choice yet? I found out there are only 5 River Rok base colors... and then derived colors from those. The ones you are interested in are:

Lucayan Blue is a base color.

Blue Opal is 8 parts Lucayan blue and 2 parts emerald black.

Baha Sand is 6 parts Lucayan blue and 4 parts emerald black.

I am sure you could ask for any combination if you think you like a color between two others.

I am trying to decide between baha and opal also... wiating to see them in person when some pools open around here.

• styler32
    Original Author
    11 years ago

cnr1089 - Thanks for the pic. It's so funny how all of these pools of the same color look so different in various pictures. I really like the pool, but we like more of that deep blue color.

jscozz - Nope still haven't decided. Staking the ground out starts tomorrow. I contacted a SGM rep and she was nice enough to send me a few photos of each color (including cnr1089's Baha Sand pool!). I'd post them on here but there are confidentially disclaimers on the email.

I think we're really leaning towards Lucayan Blue. Our builder initially quoted River Rok Baha Sand and Blue Opal to be $800 more than Diamond Brite French Gray. If Lucayan Blue runs about the same, I think we'll be going with it in a mini pebble finish. I just wish I could see more pictures of it. It's such a big decision, because once it's done, it's done!

• jscozz
    11 years ago

Just curious if you made your choice and had it installed yet... choice coming up for us.

• jscozz
    11 years ago

The Ocean Blue is quite a bit more expensive than most of the base single colors... because of the mixing labor, and the fact that Midnight Blue is the most expensive base color. We have been debating about French Gray or Ocean Blue... but every pool picture I see is different. I have seen french gray pools that look blue and some that look drab and gray... I have seen Ocean Blue pictures that look just right, and some that look too bright blue.

Main goals are (1) no green, (2) not brilliant fake blue, and (3) it should look like swimming hole water and go with our rock waterfall/hill.

I'd love to hear what your final choice is and see your pictures.

• styler32
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jscozz, I think we have the same exact blue in mind! We specifically said, "No Windex, no black bottom and no green color for the pool."

According to our pool builder, Ocean Blue is within the budget he has for plaster. I think he has a profit built in for every step of the pool building process. The color may be a bit more than single color, so he'll just get less profit. Also, his company also does plaster and won't have to sub out.

Would you happen to have any pictures of Ocean Blue? The only pics I've seen online are the one at the SGM site and another member named vessmech.

• jscozz
    11 years ago

I have not found any other pictures either.

Wow, no price difference? Thats a pretty good deal! How big is your pool? I've been quoted over $4K more for Ocean Blue over French Gray. About 750 sq ft pool.

• styler32
    Original Author
    11 years ago

750 sq. ft.?! That's bigger than my first apartment!

Our pool is small and yet still takes up 80% of our backyard (small lot). I'm not sure of the exact square footage because it's freeform, but it's roughly 30 x 15, maybe a little more than 330 sq. ft.

• Braden Taylor
    9 years ago

please post a picture of your ocean blue pool! Would love to see it as that is one of my top choices!

• Suzanny Cardoso
    8 years ago
    I'd love to see a picture as well. This is exactly the color I want!