Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mzenblu

O/B Teaser pics - Almost done in Vegas!

PulteGroup
16 years ago

Just a few teaser pics as I near completion. I want to thank everyone on the forum for sharing their experiences, knowledge, ideas, and pictures - could not have done the owner builder thing with out all of the help!

Stats:

18x30 Geometric design

3' - 4' - 6' depth

Cabana will include bathroom and outdoor shower along with the swim-up and walk-up bar

Lower patio and cabana are 42" below grade / deck height

Glass Tile is Hakatai "Clear Ice"

Plaster will be White Quartz

Stone is 85% Southern Ledge "Fog", 15% Dressed Field 'Aspen" by Cultured Stone

Decking is Kooldek with custom two-color pattern

Cantilever used Stegmeier "OG" forms

Equipment:

Pentair Intellitouch controls

Intelliflo 3.2 for pool

Intelliflo 4x160 for spa

Pentair MasterTemp 400

plumbed for solar

Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520

Rainbow automatic Chlorine feeder

Polaris QT 2HP blower

Paramount MDX drain

Waterway venturi skimmer

Hayward Colorlogic pool lights (2) + Spa Light

Projected total cost at completion

Comments (18)

• padrefan
    16 years ago

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

• smbnobles
    16 years ago

What Padrefan said!

I can't wait to see the finished pics!

• tresw
    16 years ago

Wow, that is really stunning! Beautiful work! Love the cabana!!

• goodtimesnoodlesalad
    16 years ago

I really like the whole cabana, bar and spa design. It came out really nice. Keep the pics coming.............

• birdbath
    16 years ago

Beautiful pool! I love all of the stone work, it really is spectacular! We, too, are building a swim-up bar in our pool. We're in Arizona, so guess it's that Southwest thing! A lot of heat, a lot of drinks needed :). It's also nice to stay near the water cooking,etc. when all of us are facing many days over 110 degrees. You are going to have a great time in that stunning pool!

• jennifer_in_clyde
    16 years ago

Just gorgeous!!! That is going to be an amazing oasis for summer (and all your friends will want to visit the bar!)

• PRO
    PulteGroup
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all for the comments! The swim-up bar / cabana design certainly increased the degree of difficulty but I think it will be well worth the extra effort in the long run. Just ordered the granite and the pool gates/railing today so as soon as those get completed I can call my pre-plaster inspection.....

• smbnobles
    16 years ago

I didn't notice the concrete work on your decking when I first saw your photos. It's gorgeous!

• jennifer_in_clyde
    15 years ago

Totally gorgeous!!

• ncrealestateguy
    15 years ago

I want to do mine over!

• smbnobles
    15 years ago

I just love your decking!

• susannap2
    15 years ago

Just stunning! Congratulations! I love the cabana and the swim up bar! Wish I had one of those, does a cabana boy come with it? Maybe? :)

• cdavmd
    15 years ago

NICSSSSSSSS!

• mommyniki
    15 years ago

That is beautiful. My 11 y.o. DS saw it and fell in love. He really liked the bar area. I really like your deck. Is the trellis pattern scored or is it just painted that way? We will be building a pool at our new house and wanted a neat deck done with Kool deck. That is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.

• airborne101
    15 years ago

Looks very elegant. Sorry I missed your build, was working for a contractor/friend from Jan to April 14 on tax issues. Where in Vegas? Nice view and space planning. We used B and D pool plastering for a remodel a few years ago and are still very happy with it, pebblesheen. Trying to decide on a new deck that will be cool enough to walk on in a stone both DH and I like. Enjoy it, well worth the effort I'm sure. Barb

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Love the pool with cabana. That is awesome.

• PRO
    PulteGroup
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks again for the great comments!

The decking was done by Wright Brothers per my design/request, and really turned out even better than I hoped. The pattern itself is not scored - they just snapped lines and applied two different color finishes to the pattern.

airborne101 - I'm right by Black Mountain in Madeira Canyon. BND did a great job for me as well!

Tile work for the bathroom/shower should be wrapping up today, followed by final plumbing and electrical in the next week or two, so I hope to post some completed photos soon!