Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gorilla_x

Progress Pics (Not Exciting, Trust Me)

gorilla_x
16 years ago

Just a few photos... it's been a long process, but not because of anything the PB did, or did not do.

Pool: 20' x 40' (24' wide at steps)

Depth: 3'3" to 7'

Steps: 4' x 8'

Spa: 8' x 6'

In any event, here are a few...

Land cleared:

Shallow end:

View from roof (deck to be 12' on three sides, and 4' on side opposite garage):

CNC Plus 420filter, 4x160 IntelliFlo, AquaCal Heatwave H155 Heat Pump:

Flagstone Paver CBC, American Pavers Cream Coping, Lake Mirror Tile:

-Gorilla

Comments (22)

• smbnobles
    16 years ago

My pool is going to be very similar, but smaller. I can't wait to see your progress.

Ours gets dug the beginning of next week!

• christypoolparty
    16 years ago

Love the size! Wish we could have gone that size! My dream pool. Are you in Florida?

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    16 years ago

christypoolparty,

Yes, we're in Central FL... Orlando area.

-Gorilla

• amateurpb
    16 years ago

You are wrong ------ it is exciting

• trhought
    16 years ago

gorilla-

looks great! Love the trees and the possibilities you have with the poolscape.

Keep posting progress pictures!

• syntagma
    16 years ago

Ohh sooo jealous of all your trees! FANTASTIC!

• christypoolparty
    16 years ago

I thought I recognized the natural landscape... we are your neighbors...Titusville, Brevard County.

We are in the construction process also.

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll post more pics later, but things are finally moving along. Coping went in yesterday (cream concrete bullnose paver), and pavers decking will probably go in today.

-Gorilla

• cruzangirl
    15 years ago

Love your pavers--where are they from? I'm in Orlando too and I'd love to see photos of the pavers once they are down. I have to choose mine next week so I'll be checking your thread. Looks great!

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    15 years ago

cruzangirl,

The pic posted earlier in the thread lists the paver maker. We purchased the pavers from Orlando Brick Pavers.

-Gorilla

• birdbath
    15 years ago

Gorilla -

That is going to be a very classy pool when it's done! Beautiful surroundings, too. Don't ever worry about your pictures being boring - they're not! This is a pool forum, after all, and everybody here gets excited over anything on a pool, even drain covers and stuff :).Please keep posting!

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deck is in... all 1225 SF of it... still covered with sand residue. Fence goes in today. Plaster on Monday.

View from Roof

View from Roof

View from Roof

• cdavmd
    15 years ago

Moving quite along aren't we ;) Nice pavers, I like the earth tone, similar to ours with a different pattern. Its going to be great!

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fence is in. Aluminum, 4' tall with 2 gates. 210' linear feet. Me likey!!

View from yard

View from porch

-Gorilla

• jmas65
    15 years ago

Lookin' good, dude.

• smbnobles
    15 years ago

Your pool looks so much like mine! It's really coming along nicely!

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, similar shape smbnobles... what species is that palm tree in your yard by the sheer descent?

-Gorilla

• moocat
    15 years ago

Getting close to seeing some water in there I see.... Looks great... I too really love the color of the pavers... they blend so nice... almost looks like tile... Is that a tall dead tree lurking on the left next to that pool ??? or is it the ones that have a few branches alive high up ??? Dead tall trees plus wind can be a bad thing! LOL Lookin good !!

P.S. I just can't post a pic of the finished product on that old thread...lol..I'd feel like a beeotch! lol

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    15 years ago

moocat,

Quote: "P.S. I just can't post a pic of the finished product on that old thread...lol..I'd feel like a beeotch!"

That's funny!!

The tree is alive... you just cannot see the top. It's a tall one.

• aqua_man
    15 years ago

I LOOOVE your pavers. They look really nice. The color is AWESOME! The only thing I would recommend is getting a tan/beige colored skimmer cover.

• cruzangirl
    15 years ago

Thanks for the paver photos--I'm forwarding a link to my husband now. Have to pick ours out this week and I really like yours.

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    15 years ago

cruzangirl,

Thanks... don't forget that there is a light sand residue on the pavers...

-Gorilla