Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timeretriever_gw

New Pool Build In Keller TX - PB Choices

TimeRetriever
11 years ago

Well, we're taking the plunge and plan on building a new pool and outdoor kitchen with pergola. We have gotten designs and quotes from Puryear Custom Pools and Klapprodt Pools. We are waiting for a design from Pulliam Pools so that we can make a final PB decision.

Can anyone give me insight to these builders or suggest others to try? Would greatly appreciate the feedback as this is our first pool build and want to make an educated decision.

Comments (5)

• paradigmdawg
    11 years ago

We used Seahorse Custom Pools. The entire process went great and I was especially impressed with how they paid more attention to "structural integrity" during our talks vs. just painting a pretty picture.

We were swimming in 3.5 weeks after they broke ground. I have had issues with 2 pumps burning out and both times, I text the builder and he had a guy out the next day to change the pumps at no cost. 3.5 years later, I still on occasion call or text the builder and he responds immediately.

Give them a call and ask for Bob Buchanan, tell him Greg from Benbrook referred you and he will work out a great deal for you. Bob was at Pulliam for 20 years before he moved to Seahorse.

We were least impressed with Puryear out of the 5 builders we had out. As a comparison, Bob went out to the back yard, got on his belly to look at the ground, spent time crawling around looking at various things and then we talked about a pool. Puryear busted out a computer, talked about pools and never even asked to see the yard.They they asked how we are paying for it.

• pk1310
    11 years ago

I totally agree with Seahorse. We are in Keller also, and Seahorse is just completing our pool. Bob is the best. He builds a pool like it is for family. Example, our deck was poured on the day of the tornados a few weeks ago. Needless to say, it had flaws. When I spoke with Bob the next day, his immediate response was "We will tear it out and redo it." This was without seeing it himself. He knew we were not happy and his goal was to do whatever it took to make that happen. You will not go wrong in my opinion with Seahorse. Drop me a note and come by and see for yourself.

Scott

• lslog
    11 years ago

Greg, I also live in Benbrook and like the pictures of your pool. Did Seahorse also do the wall? What kind of warranty did they give you? Did you have them do any soil sample before starting? Your pool is just beautiful. I know several people in Benbrook who used Pulliam but this forum has some adverse things about them.

• styler32
    11 years ago

Totally unrelated to the post at hand - but paradigmdawg, what is that planted in the pool planter? It kind of looks like a red yucca. We're landscaping our pool and I'm desperately trying to get ideas from everyone's pics.

• paradigmdawg
    11 years ago

Yes, feel free to get a hold of me and drop by to take a look if interested.

Seahorse did the wall.

I do believe it's Red yucca but my wife does all the planting so I am not certain.