Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool completed but concrete patio is horrible

Posted by Speckledhen (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 13:51

Hi All,
Completed our IG vinyl install about a month ago. We had the concrete patio put in about 2 weeks ago and it is absolutely horrible! There are sections where water puddles, the finish is uneven and in some places the aggregate is showing. Some parts along the expansion joints are pitted. And all around the c-coping is uneven and when I tap the coping in some places there is a hollow sound! I'm new at this so I'm not sure what my recourse is. Anyone else have this happen? Short of having him completely rip it out and re-do it, what else can be done???? The only good thing is that I haven't paid him in full yet!

Here is a link to a bunch of photos. Let me know what you think!

Thanks

http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o512/speckledhen1/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool completed but concrete patio is horrible

Good thing he hasn't been paid. That is far too many errors to accept. You contracted to have it done professionally, not by apprentices. Make him rip it out and redo it right.

Scott

o

Thats why we do our own concrete no Subs for us....Tell them to rip it out or give you a Spray Deck over the top after the bad places are patched...

o

Thanks for your replies. The Spray-Deck sounds like a viable option because I'd hate to have the yard ripped up AGAIN. Also, the aluminum fence is already around the pool so I don't want to take the chance of damage occurring to that. So that said, any recommendations for a Spray-Deck company in North Jersey?

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here