Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DFW pool remodeler recs? Seahorse anyone?

Posted by glitter_and_guns (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 13:26

Totally new here, and I signed up because I need help. Thank you for even looking at my post!

I have a 25 year old (new to me) pool that needs to be resurfaced and updated. I am having a dickens of a time getting anyone to do the job.

Gohlke pools out of Denton are friends of family, but I am outside of their area so they didn't want to do it - they recommended Pullium who has not called me back 2 weeks later even after a follow up call from me. Karbo bros out of Weatherford/Aledo stood me up at the sample pool without bothering to call and let me know that he would be 3 hours or more late (we had talked earlier that day & my initial appt was bumped for someone with a full build rather than remodel). Diamond Pools out of Keller was looking good until they let me know that they wouldn't do the start up. Aqualine of Azle bid it, but told me up front that they would be expensive and they were. Claffey pool from Weatherford came out to give me a bid (still waiting on it), but said that they won't do any work unless the sealed over main drain is opened to determine if their is a leak and then the leak addressed as part of the resurfacing - they also only deal in pebble tech products and even though they are terribly popular, I really don't like the bumpy feeling of them) . The pool main drain has been sealed for over 10 years and I really don't want to deal with it (and none of the other guys felt that it was anything that needed to be bothered with). I am out of recommendations and I am now throwing darts at the internet.

Seahorse pools from Ft Worth/Granbury came out today and my gut feeling with them was good. But I don't know anyone who has used them. I would love some thoughts about them. I would also love any suggestions to other pool remodel folks in the area.

Thank you all so much for your help!

This post was edited by glitter_and_guns on Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 14:01

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DFW pool remodeler recs? Seahorse anyone?

Hi Glitter and Gun,
I had hired Pulliam Pool to put in a brand new pool for me and so far I like the ways they handle things. Everybody at the office is very professional and helpful so far. I also like the fact that they respect my 'budget' and only sale me the things that they know I need and will not even 'let' me get it even if they think it's 'over kill'. They are pretty honest and you only pay after each phase is done, no deposits, no pay until things are done and satisfied! My neighbor is having a pretty nice outdoor living/kitchen build by them and so far she is pretty happy. Private me through email and I'll give you someone's phone number from the office to call. :) At least try it one more time before deciding. P.S Claffey is great but the bid was higher with less offers, but they are awesome and very reputable as well.

o

Truxtc, thank you so much! I will sure take you up on your offer, except that I can't seem to figure out how to email you. Would you be willing to send me an email? I made sure that the option to contact me via email is turned on.

Thanks again!

o

Seahorse built our pool and a couple of our neighbor's.

We were very impressed with them and their "aftercare" has been great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here