Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glitter_and_guns

DFW pool remodeler recs? Seahorse anyone?

glitter_and_guns
10 years ago

Totally new here, and I signed up because I need help. Thank you for even looking at my post!

I have a 25 year old (new to me) pool that needs to be resurfaced and updated. I am having a dickens of a time getting anyone to do the job.

Gohlke pools out of Denton are friends of family, but I am outside of their area so they didn't want to do it - they recommended Pullium who has not called me back 2 weeks later even after a follow up call from me. Karbo bros out of Weatherford/Aledo stood me up at the sample pool without bothering to call and let me know that he would be 3 hours or more late (we had talked earlier that day & my initial appt was bumped for someone with a full build rather than remodel). Diamond Pools out of Keller was looking good until they let me know that they wouldn't do the start up. Aqualine of Azle bid it, but told me up front that they would be expensive and they were. Claffey pool from Weatherford came out to give me a bid (still waiting on it), but said that they won't do any work unless the sealed over main drain is opened to determine if their is a leak and then the leak addressed as part of the resurfacing - they also only deal in pebble tech products and even though they are terribly popular, I really don't like the bumpy feeling of them) . The pool main drain has been sealed for over 10 years and I really don't want to deal with it (and none of the other guys felt that it was anything that needed to be bothered with). I am out of recommendations and I am now throwing darts at the internet.

Seahorse pools from Ft Worth/Granbury came out today and my gut feeling with them was good. But I don't know anyone who has used them. I would love some thoughts about them. I would also love any suggestions to other pool remodel folks in the area.

Thank you all so much for your help!

This post was edited by glitter_and_guns on Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 14:01

Comments (3)