Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - am i being ripped off on Paver Install (FL)?

Posted by dbmy (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 13:04

We are buying 111 square feet of travertine coping and 1500 square feet of travertine pavers for our pool in mid-west Florida (Sarasota/Tampa area).

For INSTALLATION only, our pool builder is charging us $2.50 per square feet to lay the pavers for the deck (in sand) but an outrageous $22.65 per square foot to install the coping (mortared). We just had 5 bathrooms retiled and the price didn't come even close to that. His justification for the installation difference is that they have to be mortared.

Can anyone share what they paid for Installation on coping versus Installation on decking? Again these are travertine pavers and travertine bullnose coping. I feel like we're getting ripped off and really need some guidance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - am i being ripped off on Paver Install (FL)?

I am in Tampa Bay (Pasco county) I had 863 sq ft of pavers and brick coping installed for under $6000, that was everything, not just the installation cost. I am not sure what the cost per foot was, but that seems crazy.

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

I think that that is very pricey. We live in Jacksonville, FL. We paid $3.00 per sq ft for the pavers outside our screen area, $5.00 per sq ft for the screened room AKA Flamingo Room, and $5.26 per sq ft for the pavers on the raised footers that hold the screen room in place. All the rest of the pavers were included in the price of the pool. The pavers outside the screen room have been mortared at ht borders to keep the pavers from moving. We built our pool in 2009 so I am not sure how that would compare with prices today. I would definitely get more quotes. Please post pics of your install. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pool build in Jacksonville

o

The price for the pavers is very good maybe even cheap. The price for coping install is always higher. If your pool has lots of curves cost goes up due to all the cuts. That said i don't know if your coping price is high or not.

o

both prices would be reasonable for AZ. The 22 could be high for AZ for labor only from a builder to a homeowner, but there are some variables there that could drive the price by a couple bucks up or down (curved or straight, grout/color, sealed/non sealed, thin sets used etc).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here