Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drains around pool

Posted by gnomelover (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 12:56

This morning there was a heated argument between my pool contractor and my landscaper. Our landscape drains were installed by the plumbers hired by our pool contractor. We have a slope going down three feet in the grass. They installed the drains at the top of the slope, not the bottom. Somebody has to fix it, but they are both saying it is the other person's responsibility. My pool contractor is bringing my landscaper the pipes to fix it, but I will be out of pocket paying my landscaper to do the fix.

So, my question is who is right? Should the plumbers have put the drains three feet lower, or is it the landscaper's job to put drains where they need to go?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drains around pool

As the PB how the drains at the top of hill that he installed, the solve the drainage issue that was recognized as needed when this project got started? You hired him to do it right. He should man up. If he told the sub to put them at the top, it's on the PB's nickel. If the sub did it on his own, the PB should make the sub do it right and the sub should suck it up. If you have to pay for it, take it off the final payment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here