Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PB Recommendations Houston/Katy

Posted by DocZ (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 12:25

Just recently discovered this forum just as we are getting ready to pull the trigger on a new pool. The forum is great and very informative!

We have gone through designs and bids from several PBs in the Katy/Hou area. The bid designs, pricing, and equipment all vary a little, but I wanted to get the forum's experiences/opinions on any of the builders listed below. Do you know these PBs? Has anyone had a build with them? Good/bad experiences? How did they handle any problems that arose? Etc...

Listed, in no particular order:

Platinum Pools
Cody Pools
Gulf Coast Pools
Casey Pools
Pulliam Pools
Best Backyard Pools
Wet Pools

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PB Recommendations Houston/Katy

We used Sun Springs Pools. Although they are in San Antonio and Austin, I know they have put pools in almost everywhere in Texas. We did a resurfacing/retile project but most of their work is new installs. We worked with Ramon out of the Austin office. Excellent work and excellent price. Ramon is very easy to work with. We ended up going from a simple marcite finish (old surface) to Sun Stone Pearl "Aqua Blue"on a 15 x 32 pool. We love it.

o

Thanks, Wizard.

Anybody else that can chime in on these builders?

o

Atlantis Pools out of Magnolia. "Husky Ridor" here in the forums. Search the forum...he built ours.

o

I am Best Backyard Pools. Glad to provide references if you would like.

o

We used Best Backyard Pools. My highest recommendation is that we would absolutely use her again if we needed another pool. Has been very responsive no matter how random the question or problem. Good references and many commented they would use her again, too.

o

Make sure you talk to someone who has had their pool recently finished by the builder you are looking at. Also find out if the person who is giving your bid the same person who will be supervising your build. How often will they be on site during the process?

o

Good points by cakelady

o

We used Best backyard to build our pool last year. From day one, Kathy was always prompt with a response whether it be an email we sent to her or a phone call. We never had to wait for days on answers or getting calls returned.She came to the pool site every day. The best part about Best backyard is our pool was started on June 11 and we were swimming by the 4th of July.

o

I used Platinum Pools. (Houston)

Pool/spa is one year old. Happy with results. Would use company again. Price was comparable to other pool builders. Total spent $40K.

Salesman is not the same person as contractor. Contractor/supervisor is not "assigned" until after signing, but we didn't find it a problem.

We designed the shape of the pool ourselves (with help from salesman). The staff was knowledgeable on proper pumps needed, placement of skimmers, building codes, etc.

The subcontractors/employees that were used (gunite, tile-work, decking, etc.) were professional and respectful.

Overall pool build went very smooth. They have scheduling and time-lines down to an art. Contractor/supervisor was in communication with me every day of build.

Company fulfilled ALL of my expectations - and I had high demands!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here