Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
docz_gw

PB Recommendations Houston/Katy

DocZ
12 years ago

Just recently discovered this forum just as we are getting ready to pull the trigger on a new pool. The forum is great and very informative!

We have gone through designs and bids from several PBs in the Katy/Hou area. The bid designs, pricing, and equipment all vary a little, but I wanted to get the forum's experiences/opinions on any of the builders listed below. Do you know these PBs? Has anyone had a build with them? Good/bad experiences? How did they handle any problems that arose? Etc...

Listed, in no particular order:

Platinum Pools

Cody Pools

Gulf Coast Pools

Casey Pools

Pulliam Pools

Best Backyard Pools

Wet Pools

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (9)

• wizard19
    12 years ago

We used Sun Springs Pools. Although they are in San Antonio and Austin, I know they have put pools in almost everywhere in Texas. We did a resurfacing/retile project but most of their work is new installs. We worked with Ramon out of the Austin office. Excellent work and excellent price. Ramon is very easy to work with. We ended up going from a simple marcite finish (old surface) to Sun Stone Pearl "Aqua Blue"on a 15 x 32 pool. We love it.

• DocZ
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Wizard.

Anybody else that can chime in on these builders?

• travis_turner
    12 years ago

Atlantis Pools out of Magnolia. "Husky Ridor" here in the forums. Search the forum...he built ours.

• womanowned
    12 years ago

I am Best Backyard Pools. Glad to provide references if you would like.

• katytx_2010
    12 years ago

We used Best Backyard Pools. My highest recommendation is that we would absolutely use her again if we needed another pool. Has been very responsive no matter how random the question or problem. Good references and many commented they would use her again, too.

• cakelady_2010
    12 years ago

Make sure you talk to someone who has had their pool recently finished by the builder you are looking at. Also find out if the person who is giving your bid the same person who will be supervising your build. How often will they be on site during the process?

• womanowned
    12 years ago

Good points by cakelady

• bridgeland
    12 years ago

We used Best backyard to build our pool last year. From day one, Kathy was always prompt with a response whether it be an email we sent to her or a phone call. We never had to wait for days on answers or getting calls returned.She came to the pool site every day. The best part about Best backyard is our pool was started on June 11 and we were swimming by the 4th of July.

• lookingforapool
    12 years ago

I used Platinum Pools. (Houston)

Pool/spa is one year old. Happy with results. Would use company again. Price was comparable to other pool builders. Total spent $40K.

Salesman is not the same person as contractor. Contractor/supervisor is not "assigned" until after signing, but we didn't find it a problem.

We designed the shape of the pool ourselves (with help from salesman). The staff was knowledgeable on proper pumps needed, placement of skimmers, building codes, etc.

The subcontractors/employees that were used (gunite, tile-work, decking, etc.) were professional and respectful.

Overall pool build went very smooth. They have scheduling and time-lines down to an art. Contractor/supervisor was in communication with me every day of build.

Company fulfilled ALL of my expectations - and I had high demands!

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks