Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool builders/recs for new pool in Atlanta

Posted by zoobie (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 12:21

Hello! We are in the process of meeting with a few recommended pool builders in Atlanta. They all have excellent BBB ratings, no crazy reviews pop up in a google search, etc.

We got the first sketch emailed today, done by the landscape architect of Company #1. The plan has none of the things we discussed wanting, other than you know, it is a pool. Placed behind our house. We will follow up with the owner today, but is this normal?

If you have any advice in general or specific to the Atlanta area, I'd appreciate it. I've been reading off and on for a few years and my head is swimming (ha!) with Pebble Tec and filters and oh my! :)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool builders/recs for new pool in Atlanta

We have been getting bids from pool companies (in metro Atlanta) for about 6 weeks. We haven't had that experience. Each company has given us quotes/designs based on exactly what we want. One forgot a few items in the quote- heater, upgraded lights, etc. But, the designs were all what we wanted. Still haven't made a decision. Wishing we had started this process in winter. Had no idea it would take so long!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here