Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need recommendation-re-plastering Sacramento, CA-foothills area

Posted by kevink109 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 11 at 12:13

Hello-

I have a pool that is ready for a makeover- so I'm looking for recommendations for pool plastering-remodeling. I have a quote from Adams for plaster, and option for Pebble Tech. Adams seems to have very positive reviews, good BBB rating, and strong referrals.

I need to check out some other contractors and I'm still trying to educate myself on all of the different options- Diamond Brite, Wet Edge, etc.

We have a smaller pool,12' x 25' free form, that was built in 1994 and except for a gunite bleed in one small spot is in very good condition- I have samller kids so smooth surface is preferred, and it is probably time to update the tile and water feature.

I'm just outside of Sacramento on the 50 side- any recoomendations appreciated- small outfit w/ good service is OK with me- I just want to do this right and pay a fair rate for good work.

Also, open to ideas on finishes or feedback from anyone who has recently remodeled on best practices or ideas.

Thanks
kevin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need recommendation-re-plastering Sacramento, CA-foothills ar

Posted a response in my build thread but for completeness sake Burkett's is another good option.

Here is a link that might be useful: Burkett's Pool Plastering

o

If I were you and lived anywhere near the Sacramento area, I would use Earth Dynamics Poolscapes. I found them through a Google search early on in my remodel project when I discovered that the expertise of my contractor was lacking when unforeseen challenges came up but even lacking with the expected scope of work. I hired Mike in a consulting capacity after first looking at a wealth of info on their website and then speaking with him. On his website, he even provides questions to ask your potential contractors. I was already under contract with another contractor and even though Mike was several hundred miles away, (I emailed pictures and measurements), he was able to educate me and provide plans as needed so the performance level of my contractor was improved dramatically. If I would have known then what I know now, I would have had Mike help me with the project definition, bidding process and contractor selection and I would have wound up with a different contractor. I would have spent a little more but I would not have wasted countless hours that pulled me out of my office. In reading what I just wrote, I realize that I rambled on and some might think that this is a spam ad post. But if you search on my user name, you will see that for the past 3 years I was using this website to educate myself on pool stuff and asking a bunch of questions because I thought I could figure out what I needed to know to make sure that my project was a success. And if lived near Sacramento, i would have hired his company for the whole project. Hindsight is 20/20.

o

Adams was the sub who did the pebblesheen on our new pool last year. We were happy with them. They did a very nice job, and tellingly, when one of their guys made a mistake (damaged some landscaping during cleanup) they took care of it and made it right. I'd recommend them.

And the pebblesheen is beautiful - I'm so glad we went with it. When we were deciding on finishes Adams contacted a few clients who were willing to let us visit their pools.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here