Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Cover Question

Posted by JeremyLin (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 11:25

Do I go with the Meyco Mesh or Meyco Solid pool cover? Any thoughts????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Cover Question

1) Where are you, geographically speaking?

2) How many trees within 100 yards?

3) Any raised surfaces on the pool?

4) Vinyl, gunite or fiberglass pool?

5) What is the decking made of?

Scott

o

1-Northern New Jersey
2-Not too many really large trees (just a few) within that distance
3-No raised surfaces
4-Gunite
5-Techo Bloc Pavers

o

I would go with a solid with a mesh panel to drain rain and snow melt. I would also suggest a step pump to keep the water level from rising to the tile line.

Scott

o

Is Meyco the best manufacturer? Or is there another better or more cost effective company to look at? I don't see any solid with mesh panel version on their web site.

o

There are three that are high in quality in our area: Loop Loc, Meyco, and Merlin. I am a Loop Loc dealer though I don't like to blast these cover manufacturers as they are all pretty darn good and I am competing locally. The installers are the major differentiater. The skills they have can make a huge difference, especially for the more complex pool.

If a pool can be fenced off so kids and pets can't get at it, a solid cover with a pump on the cover is OK too but it should still have a pump on the step.

Scott

o

That is really helpful. Thanks for the info!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here