Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glitter_and_guns

Has anyone gone with actual plaster? love/hate it?

glitter_and_guns
11 years ago

I recently closed on a house and am down to the last decisions about remodeling the backyard and pool. I have been to look at several pools and a couple of sample pools and at the end of the day, I really prefer the smoothness of actual plaster. I saw 2 pools yesterday that are grey plaster. One 2 weeks old (it was amazingly smooth) and one 8 years old (not as smooth but still really good!). Both were the grey plaster that I am favoring.

I still have kids at home and we tend to play rough but 2 in the family have pretty sensitive Irish skin. I just can't find anything else that seems to hold the smoother finish that we really need. Lots of the pool builders have really pushed the pebble finishes, but for us I just think it is not such a good choice right now. Next time I redo the pool it should be more of a margarita pool and we could probably go with something a bit rougher.

So I am her to ask if anyone has gone with a plaster pool and regretted the decision. Bonus points for love or hate of your grey plaster.

Editing to add: Thank you very much for your thoughts! (where are my manners?!?!)

This post was edited by glitter_and_guns on Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 10:50

Comments (3)