Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best stone sealer?

Posted by melderman (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 27, 11 at 10:44

I have flagstone around saltwater pool. Just something I can get local at Lowe's. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best stone sealer?

Rocksteel is the only product I use. Works like a champ. Water beads on the stone like rain on a waxed car.

Not sure where you are located, but Noble Tile is selling it here in Houston. Your PB should be able to buy it for you.

A pump up bug sprayer from Home Depot and a gallon or two of Rocksteel and your golden.

o

Can anyone tell me if a sealer is recommended on a tumbled travertine paver deck? What will happen to the stones if it is not sealed. The pool is not saltwater system.

o

With the pump sprayer, is there any problem with accidental overspray getting in the pool?

o

The spray can get in the water.
It creates a little "oil slick" for a day or two, but wont hurt anything.
Just do a backwash on your filter after a few days.

o

If you have a cartridge filter, I would worry about overspray.
If that sealer gets in the pleats, it will never come out and will clog.

I have a quad cartridge system and was advised to brush/roll my sealer on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here