Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
$25k budget..is inground possible?

Posted by nadine33 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 7:14

So our total budget is $25k. We're looking into pools and think we will probably only be able to afford an above ground? Is that true? That budget will include everything although we're willing to deal with a chain link fence for now and minimal landscaping along with a basic concrete surround. We're located in massachusetts. Looking approx 16 x 28 pool, or something close to that size. Would like at least 7' depth deep end. We're also looking into semi inground. Can anyone comment? Also, we're in a new construction with sandy soil and no ledge.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: $25k budget..is inground possible?

Friends of ours in Michigan got a 16X32 vinyl inground for 24K three years ago. So it can be done. 7 (or 8?) foot depth. I'm not sure of the equipment, though. Diving rock.

No experience with semi inground.

I don't know how much a standard concrete surround is but if I needed to knock something off to make budget that would be it. I happen to love the look of grass right up to the coping. That way, the surround of your choice could be added at a later date. Or just leave it grass. I just love that look.

o

Here in Jersey, Seasonal World is offering a $19,999 special for a 17' x 33' Grecian steel wall pool. (See link below...) Installation includes everything but fencing/landscaping. Great, no-nonsense company that put in our fiberglass pool back in '11.

Here is a link that might be useful: $19,999 Inground Special

o

You could get an inground (shotcrete) pool in AZ for that budget.

It would be pretty basic, and there are many variables (access size, utility locations, and personal preferences.)

o

I'm currently doing a owner build on this 15x36 gunite pool. I will be in it for 30K and that includes pool, equipment, decking and fenced. So I would say 25 is doable if you plan correctly. Especially if you can do some of the work.

Todd

o

Just as a follow up, got a few quotes. Chain link fence would run about $3500, electric 2k, concrete surround about $4000. Plus permits we're looking at about 10k without the pool. Getting an inground pool installed for 15k not happening around here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here