Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brunettexbrowneyed

Pulliam Pools

brunettexbrowneyed
16 years ago

I am about to sign a contract with Pulliam Pools, any feedback? Thank you.

Comments (8)

• tresw
    16 years ago

I'm not familiar with them, where are you located? You definitely should check with your area BBB to see if any complaints have been filed and whether or not they were resolved though.

• trhought
    16 years ago

brunetttexbrowneyed-

Over the years, I have seen Pulliam featured heavily in pool trade magazines and books. They do build beautiful pools from the pictures and articles I've read. Not sure about their status as a high service, customer oriented company and agree with tresw. The BBB will give an indication on Pulliam's performance in these areas.

• stonesmama
    15 years ago

Have you signed with Pulliam yet? We signed a couple of weeks ago and I am sitting here anxiously awaiting the excavation crew to arrive. I worked with 2 other PBs out of Granbury for bids, and I sure did like Pulliam.

• syntagma
    15 years ago

My pool is being built by Pulliam in Katy ( I knoe they are in DFW too)! I COULD NOT be happier! They are fast, clean and prompt!

here is the link to my pool build! It's almost complete!

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pools/msg0401282623558.html?35

Here is a link that might be useful: Newbie Pool build

• brunettexbrowneyed
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I did sign with Pulliam Pools. I am pleased with their customer service. They were a couple of concerns during the construction but they took care of them. They were not the cheapest but the assurance of not having them run away with your money was worth the extra monies. Let me know how it goes with yours.

• stonesmama
    15 years ago

We are please so far. Like with you, they were certainly not the cheapest, but it was worth the extra money for their reputation. I swear they build nearly every pool in our county. I've heard nothing but good things about them. This week they really had things moving. We shall see about the rest. Here is the link to my post with updates on my pool. Click here

• tflynn2
    14 years ago

Our Pulliam Pool was set for star up on 3/08. It was our first pool and we paid cash. I have always wanted a pool and was very excited. After one summer of enjoyment we noticed we were adding water all the time. Well we had cracks, not just one but probably 6 to 8. One that ran almost all the way across the pool. They fixed it but you can see the lines and it will never be a new pool to me. It is damaged and after all that hard earned money we saved. We also had cracks in the coping, which is natural stone. The mortar that was used to fix the cracks has never matched. We were told it would in about 3 months, it has been a year and it still does not match. The person we spoke to in the department that schedules stuff basically blew it off. When it was time to do another start up on our pool after the cracks were repaired we were not reimbursed. I called them but he wanted me to get all the paper work together showing where we purchased the chemicals and salt, but my dad passed away during this process and my life was hectic. Other than that on the invoices they used numbers and not what we actually bought so I was so frustrated with the whole process we just ate the cost.

Everyone was very nice when they built the pool and all through the process, but now we are dealing with different people. I feel like as long as they got their money they could care less how much this new pool meant to me. My pool is no longer new, it is damaged.

• sean_duclaux_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

I UNFORTUNATELY had the same experience as tflynn2. My pool has multiple cracks, the fence that Pulliam built I replaced, and my pea gravel deck is completely cracked across 1 section and now moving onto a second section.

Unless you want a substandard pool and a contractor that does not care after the check is cashed, stay away!