Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of raised wall with stone

Posted by hmlinca (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 1, 09 at 0:17

Just got back from meeting with the tile contractor, looking at the hundreds of options on surfacing (stone or tile) for our raised wall at the back of the pool. I want to use stone but it is expensive. I would greatly appreciate anyone that has some pictures of their stone work to use as our guide in picking looking at options for our pool. I was hoping to do something different and unique to accent our three shear decent waterfalls. Any thought, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of raised wall with stone

check out the pics of my pool build. We did a dry stack look raised wall with our water sheers.

http://theaustindude.blogspot.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Pool Build

o

Here is our new pool with a stacked stone weeping wall:

o

completed pool

You cannot see too much of our wall from this angle, but we have rock (more of a field stone look).

o

My wall and coping is solid stone and the stones are 10" wide with random lengths (12"-36")and I helped my PB haul them a couple of times...I slept REAL good those nights.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Here are a few pictures of ours we used a lot of rocks because of the slope of our yard. I am not sure if these will turn out ok I am just trying to figure out how to post pictures.

IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c329/buzzardmc/IMG_3505.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c329/buzzardmc/IMG_1317.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c329/buzzardmc/IMG_1314.jpg[/IMG]

o
RE: Pics of raised wall with stone hope this works

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Check out http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/luvh20/

They are photos of our 18" raised bondbeam with stacked stone and two 36" sheer desents.

Very happy with it, no problems.

Hope this helps.

o

Kept ours fairly simple ... stacked stone for the spa overflow, pressed flagstone on the raised beam with 3 24: sheer descents:

Photobucket

o

nice pools

o

Still another example....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ours is stacked Bouquet Canyon Stone and it has held up very well over the past three years.

Good Luck with your project!

Regards,

Mike

o

Great photos, how tall is your spa and fire pit?

o

Our spa is 18" tall, which is great for additional seating space! The fire pit, is much lower, I'd say about 8" or so, but is a good place to rest your feet when you are sitting by the fire.

Regards,

Mike

o

Here is ours, almost done, raised quartzite (Red Sockeye) 18". Katherine

Photobucket

o

Mike, with respect to the fire pit, I have a very similar installation to your setup, however I just want to set the pit up for a future fire pit and install the ring, ignitor later. Do you know what size, material and location of the conduit that run into your fire pit?

o

This is my stone wall. It is actually stone-faced raised beam. The stone is Granbury (from north central Texas). Just over the star mosaic is a sheer descent waterfall and the two slanted pots are also waterfall features. These are earlier photos, but we are still trying to get the plaster in. I will post more when all is complete. The stonework really didn't add that much to the overall build cost, but I feel added a lot of character. It will probably outlast me!!!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Wall

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here