Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mwardgeo

New Pool Build - Katy, TX

mwardgeo
14 years ago

I have been lurking for a while and learned a ton from the site. We decided to go ahead with the pool about mid- January. After talking with 5 pool builders we decided to go with Gulf Coast Pools. Here are some specs:

All equipment is Pentair

Roughly 35' by 20' Free form

6" Baha Shelf with 4 bubblers

3.5' to 8' depth

2 waterfalls with a 6' slide in between

4 whisperlite pumps

3 intellibrite lights

4 fire features on the waterfalls

400,000 btu heater

DE filter

8' spa with 4 jet independent foot dome

Outdoor Kitchen

Firepit

Kid fence

As far as specifics, if you would like to know just ask. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how.

Comments (22)

• huskyridor
    14 years ago

Congrats on the new pool!!!

You've got a great pool builder, post some progress pic's as the pool starts taking shape during construction. I'd actually like to see the design on where they placed the slide between the falls and what material it's being constructed out of. Although many people don't, I love slides.

See ya,
    Kelly

• trhought
    14 years ago

mwardgeo....congratulations! The feature list looks impressive and can't wait to see the design and build unfold.

• mwardgeo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK, since I now figured out how to link photos hopefully I can show everyone the progress so far:

outline

Dig Day

Gunite on the slide

Slide post gunite in the first stage of rock work:

Spa

More to follow soon.

• mwardgeo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A few more photos

An overview from the second floor.

Our lifeguard in training - Boof-

Shallow end

Tomorrow we paint out the deck.

• mwardgeo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A couple more;

The equipment pad

A view from where the firepit will be:

• drlgengtx
    13 years ago

I really like your pool - impressive design. I'm using Gulf Coast as well - hopefully starting in the next couple of weeks. How's your build going? Appreciate your feedback.

thanks

• womanowned
    13 years ago

Are you sure it's Diamond Brite and not a mixed-on-site kncok-off like Quartzscapes? Who did the plaster?

• fighting_irish
    13 years ago

Yes it is definately Diamond brite.

• mwardgeo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I can verify that it was Diamond Brite. I saw the bags.

• txmomoftwo
    13 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! It's gorgeous! The tile on the slide is amazing! The rock work...fantastic! Love your deck! Is it just brushed concrete with flagstone inlay or something else? We are doing decking next week and I'm LOVING yours! Thinking of switching from pea gravel to whatever it is that you have. Looks awesome!

One thing...does the plaster in the spa look a little off to you? It might just be the photo, but it just looks really funky on my pc. How does it look with water in it?

• bridgeland
    13 years ago

Love your pool pics...do you mind me asking how much your pool cost? I thinking about calling Gulf Coast as well

• txmomoftwo
    13 years ago

Anxious to see more pics of your pool with the water filled up.

• mwardgeo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

As far as the decking we are going with spraydeck with flagstone inlays. The decking guys wanted to wait till everything else was done before they did the spray deck, so right now it is just concrete in between the flagstone. I will post some pictures of the pool as of today later tonight.

As far as cost it is going to end up around 75 when it is all said and done. Gulf Coast was not the cheapest but in my mind they were the most creative. As far as their work I have been very happy with the quality. They have also been very receptive to changes and corrections.

• sharoncbrn
    13 years ago

Looks great! What is the color of the flagstone and tile?

• piscespool
    13 years ago

Oh, wow..that is the COOLEST tile-work on the slide...best slide I've seen...very snakeskin-ish (in a good way - very stylish...awesome!! Very nice build! Gulf Coast has done a great job for you guys, and you're right about not going with the "cheapest"..you really want quality. You'll be finishing up and swimming just in time for the hot weather...enjoy!

• mwardgeo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry it has taken so long to give an update but life has kind of gotten in the way. We have been enjoying our new pool now for a few weeks now. We couldn't be happier with the way things have turned out. Although we do still have a few loose ends to tie up.

As far as what the name of the flagstone and tile where I will have to differ to David. I think the flagstone was Oklahoma something. Now to the pics:

Full Pool

Spa

Bubblers

Small Waterfall

Main Waterfall

Slide

Intellibrite LED

LED Green

Spa Spillway

I will post a few more pics when Gulf Coast gets the patio done and the fire features working.

• playa7
    12 years ago

Your tile looks similar to something I have picked out. Do you happen to remember the name of it?

• peytonroad
    12 years ago

I like the dog, and love the pool!

• playa7
    12 years ago

Does anyone know what color tile this is? Or whether it is Master or Noble Tile? I have been looking forever it feels like on a tile color and I really love this one and would like to pick this choice for our pool! Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

• cantuyou
    12 years ago

Nice pool.

The builder's inexperience shows up when you see the spa spillway is flush with the coping. And as always the spillway will drool onto the deck. The spillway must be a minimum of one foot inside the pool coping to avoid water loss.
    Flagstone in the water is not a good idea. I hope they water sealed the gunite under the flagstone it or even a tiny grout crack will cause leakage. I would dye test any future crack in grout to check on that.

• domingos35
    12 years ago

why no intelliflo's?

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area