Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need a name of a Pool inspector Austin, Tx

Posted by marlinman (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 21:04

I am building a new pool out of the city limits, so I don't need any permits or inspection. However I would like to hire a inpector that specializes in pools to watch over the build. Can you recommend one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need a name of a Pool inspector Austin, Tx

My pool came with the house, so maybe there's something I don't know, but that would seem to be an experienced pool builder -- so why wouldn't you hire a pool builder you can trust and build some safeguards into you contract? If you have to hire one pool builder to watch another, well that just sounds like a recipe for trouble in so many possible ways.

When we purchased this house, we had an inspection, but it was a service person a pool place recommended who checked on the state of the pool and the equipment and tried to assure us everything was working and there were no major repairs (we did find a couple of small things)-- but that's an entirely different thing and has no competing interests unless he had been caring for the pool (and he hadn't).

o
RE: I need a name of a Pool inspector Austin, Tx

look at the TREC (texas real estate commission) website for a licensed home inspector that also does pools

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here