Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Pool Fence suggestions

Posted by eimea (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 11 at 19:51

I was active in 2005-06 when our pool was built and this forum was such a great source of information that I find myself back -- asking for advice.

We are looking to add a pool fence now that we have a very active 2 year old. We thought we would do a net, but being honest, we would probably not be very diligent about putting it back on.

What brands are must have's? What brands should we stay away from?

Thanks all!!
Aimee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Pool Fence suggestions

I will be getting an 'Elegant Aluminum' Fence in a few weeks when my pool is done. I don't know anything about it but 2 of the 5 PB's that I had give me quotes use it and really like it. The others preferred the more natural look of the wood board on board which I was not a fan of. One PB was pushing a black galvanized steel fence (not sure of the brand) at $50/linear ft. which I thought was crazy, but then again he was high on everything!

o

eimea - What an uncanny coincidence! Not sure if you remember me, but we were both active and having our pools done at the same time.Well, Guess what, - I'm also looking for fence ideas to keep a new youngster out. (16 month old daughter in my case).

Funny to see your post after being gone for several years...both back with the same kind of question.

Did you come up with something or still looking?

o

We went with a custom wrought iron fence. They give you a classic look with out obstructing your view and keeps the little ones safe! We went with a 4 foot but you can get them taller if you need to (based on your code requirements).

o

Hi all -

We are in California so the fence is not required and because we are in California space is limited! :-)

We are really hoping for a removeable fence.

@nateh - Are you the one who did the spool with Aqua? Congrats on the 16 mo little one. We have a 25 month old little girl. We have considered some but have not landed on anything yet... just looking for someone with a recommendation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here