Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
waterfall suggestions

Posted by ladoladi (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 15:47

hi:

we are having our pool resurfaced soon and, although none of the folks who gave us quotes even mentioned this, we think we may have to replace some or all of the waterfall that flows from our spa into our pool. currently the waterfall is just glass block with a crappy plastic ledge on top. the reason we need to replace it (we think) is that two of the glass blocks are growing algae INSIDE the block. it's a little easy to miss because it's on the top blocks closest to the plastic edge, so maybe that's why the pool folks haven't mentioned it.

anyways, i don't particularly love the glass block, but a stone waterfall would look out of place since there's no other stone in the pool area. what other materials are available for waterfalls?

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: waterfall suggestions

ladoladi,
The glass block can usually be replaced with C-block and then tiled and/or plastered over, if it's under the water line. I've done this several times because glass block is notorious for leaking water to the interior. Good luck.

o
RE: waterfall suggestions

thank you! that sounds exactly like what we want to do; we just weren't sure it was possible after initial build.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here