Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New pool install in Katy, TX - Mar 2012

Posted by clueless14 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 23, 12 at 14:44

Hi,
I have been lurking on this site for approximately two years and gained invaluable knowledge from those who have built pools before me, so I wanted to give back in hopes to help someone else in their process. I am located in Katy, Texas and am using Sunset Pools to build my pool. My pool is an 'L' Shape, with the pool body being 35 1/2' x 20'. There is an infinity edge spa and an 18" play shelf off of the main pool. There is one step down to the shelf and another step down to the pool. I chose a 2" travertine coping (honed and filled), an ivory light split face travertine for the spa and 12" raised back wall, and natural white Ashlar limestone for the columns (to match our house). The pool depth goes from 3 1/2' to 7'.

The pool was dug on Saturday, March 17, 2012
Rebar was placed on Monday, March 19th
Gunite was scheduled for Tuesday, but postponed due to rain
Gunite was completed on Wednesday, March 21st
1st clean up was done on Thursday, March 22nd

If someone could message me on how to post pictures, I will add them and keep you updated on the process. Thanks again for all your help!

Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New pool install in Katy, TX - Mar 2012

the dig

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o
RE: Rebar picture - New pool install in Katy, TX - Mar 2012

This is the rebar picture, but it is tarped due to rain

o
RE: unite done - New pool install in Katy, TX - Mar 2012

gunite complete

o

very nice pool

o

Thank you domingos35... Can't wait until we are done! Had a coping issue, but are back on track now.

o

Hi clueless14 -- your pool looks great. I'm just wondering if you had any updated pictures you could share. I'm always on the lookout for interesting rectangular pool designs.

o

Hi clueless14...do you have an updated photos or feedback on Sunset Pools?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here