Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
felkerd

Concerned about Plaster

David Felker
13 years ago

We went with a dark gray finish on our pool. They finished the plaster on Friday - no acid wash - and started filling immediately. The pool was completely filled late Saturday evening. Pool builder did not get the pool started up and acid bath until the following Tuesday morning. The first picture shows the plaster before the acid started, and then the subsequent pictures show the plaster as of today (7 days later). As you can see the dark plaster is looking pretty good on the walls but the floor of the pool has what appear to be heavy white streaks still. I've been brushing 3 times a day (and being very thorough with my brushing). My wife and I are both starting to get nervous about these spots. The pool builders says they should be completely gone within a month of brushing. He said he is going to stop the pool and put a few more gallons of acid to sit on the bottom.

Should I be worried? Is it true that these sort of discolorations will go away like he says? I just want to get a second opinion from the group here. You guys have been so helpful in this process.

Thanks!

Before Acid and Brushing

7 Days later (after 12 gallons of acid and brushing 3 times a day)

Comments (6)