Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pebble Sheen Installation Question

Posted by IndypoolDFW (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 12 at 14:33

We are on the home stretch and my PB is scheduling my Pebble Sheen installation. Can someone tell me what to expect in terms of steps so that I can be sure that everything is done. I have seen people post that their PS pool was not buffed. Just want to make sure I know what should be done. Thanks for your responses. This site has been a great resource.

Elizabeth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pebble Sheen Installation Question

You can expect your applicator to clean and prep the pool for the interior poool finish application, perform the application, then his crew will show up on the following day to perform the acid and pressure wash, then they'll install the eyeballs, pool/spa lamps, and your garden hoses to fill the pool. A buff as you described will come as an additional charge.
I'm curious, what color pool finish did you choose?
Congrats on the new pool, post some pic's for all of us to enjoy.

See ya,
Kelly

o

the buffing is not an extra charge in AZ if done by a licensed PebbleTec/Sheen applicator (one of only two in phx). It is done during the acid wash on the day following the initial install. It is simply a weed wacker with a polishing wheel of composite bristles. A hose is dropped immediately after the acid wash.

o

wonder huskyridor if you can advise me? for a variety of reasons our paver deck project got out of phase with the pool resurface. how long after the sheen is installed do you think i can let the paver contractor work on deck. (i don't want the dust to get into the pool before the sheen "cures")

o

I would delay the Pebble Sheen until after the decks are done if there is going to be any cutting of material for the decks.

o

agreed - that would have been the right way to do it. but the sheen is going in today (turtle bay) acid wash tomorrow. and the pavers are mostly in - but not complete. a few cuts, the vibrating. and the grouting are still left. the aquamatic cover is going in on Monday 8/12. so we can cover up after then. i suppose i should i wait until 8.12 so that i can cover the pool at least? what about vibrations?

o

PS womanowned - i LOVE the spillway feature you have on the pool on your business landing page. not just pouring straight into the pool but landing on the stone ledge first.

o

PS womanowned - i LOVE the spillway feature you have on the pool on your business landing page. not just pouring straight into the pool but landing on the stone ledge first.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here