Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First time pool buyer

Posted by tnicholas (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 13:41

We are reviewing proposals from pool builders in North Texas and quite honestly are a little surprised at how expensive the pools are. This is our first experience with building a pool so my only "experience" is reading this board. I'm concerned the contractor may be taking advantage of our inexperience? I would really appreciate your honest opinion and suggestions on the proposal.

FEATURES
- Pool
- Zero edge interior spa
- (3) water features

POOL AREA: 575

DEPTH: 3.5' - 5'

DECK AREA: 850

STEEL: (4) No 5's continuous in perimeter; No. 4's at 6" on center each way throughout

GUNITE: (7) sack gunite mix

EQUIPMENT:
- 4000 Series Pentair DE filtration system
- 3 hp/INTELLI FLO Pentair pump
- Cleaner POLARIS 280 with 3/4 hp pump motor
- 400,000 BTU Pentair heater
- Indoor controls

EXTERIOR:
- coping is 12" stone coping
- $4.50 sq. ft. waterline tole allowance
- pebbletec or equivalent interior finish
- deck textured concrete

CEDAR SHADE STRUCTURE
- 15X15

$81,000

Optional (14) Piers 12" diameter concrete piers reinforced with (4) No 5 bars caged w/stirrups drilled to 20' $6,000.00

TOTAL $87,000.00

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First time pool buyer

You might want to try and get a few more bids and see how much they are??

o

I'm in North Texas and that bid doesn't seem all that high. I do agree with txcajun that you should get another bid though, my opinion is that anytime you are spending more than about $10K always get at least two bids.

What are your three water features? Just wondering since I only see the 1 Intelliflo and no additional pumps for water features.

o

Where are you located in North Texas? We are east of Dallas (Rockwall area) and I can recommend some pool builders in this area for you to contact. We are having a pool built for $45,300...with the following specs: 35'x16' pool, depth of pool 3 1/2' to 5', pool area 595 sq. ft, perimeter 108', level spa 7'x8', 40 linear ft. of boulders on back side w/water fall and water weepers, Diamond Brite plaster, LED pool light and spa light, Pentair equipment incl. Pentail Easy Touch wireless electronic controls, in-line chlorinator, flagstone coping, 490' handseeded aggregate decking, and 72'x18" millsap retaining wall. Highly recommended pool builder in this area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here