Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Contractors - You can never have enough opinions in NJ

Posted by gailbb (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 13:37

We are getting ready to choose a pool contractor. I've followed many posts. We are in north central NJ. We've gotten bids from Carribean Blue, NJPlant (Cipriano), Pools by Design, and Creative Master Pools. Prices all come in around the same. We are leaning towards Pools by Design out of Totowa. Any thoughts and or encouragment would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Contractors - You can never have enough opinions in NJ

What type of pool are you looking for? I am in central Jersey, but most of the pool builders down here work up there.

I just signed a contract for a gunite pool last week, if you are looking for gunite, I would be happy to share my experiences.

o
RE: Pool Contractors - Builder I chose

I just looked at the web sites of the builders you mentioned.

The builder I chose was East Coast Pool Concepts out of Manalapan NJ, but I know they work up North as well.

Here is their web site:

http://www.eastcoastpoolsnj.com/index.html

If y ou happen to call them, please tell them Erik referred you.

o

It's a gunite pool. We are building into a slight slope (our backyard slopes uphill) which complicates engineering a little. We are in Morris County. Regulations here are can be insane.

o
RE: Pool Contractors -up hill slope

If you are looking for a natural style pool, the company I am using (see post above) really designs an incredible pool into an uphill slope. If you go through their gallery, they really do a fantastic job and make it look like it is a part of nature.

o

I'm in Morris county also. The only one on your list that I'm familiar with is Caribbean. They came by but never got back to me with an estimate. I think my project wasn't big enough for them. I'm using Dell Pools out of Hawthorne. Although I am doing a vinyl pool, I know he also does Gunite. He has an entire company that does pools, patios, etc... I chose him because he has done a few patios for me and found him to be an honest guy that stresses to get the job done right. My job is kind of "small potatoes" for him as he is use to doing a lot of high end pools in the Kinnelon area, and is familiar with grading and retaining wall issues. Good luck!

o

I just recently used B&B Pools. They are out of Chestnut Ridge NY. They build great quality pools. Extremely professional and great reputation in the industry.

o

Have heard some good things there Jeremy but haven't had the opportunity to view it personally. One day, when I am up that way. I grew up on the other side of the border, as did my wife. I do make it up now and then.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here