Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coastaljewel

Clueless Newbie

Coastaljewel
10 years ago

We are in the "contemplation" and bid phase of our first in ground pool and spa. We have finally decided on size and that is all good. We are putting in a small pool approx. 10 x 20 with a 6 foot spa adjoining. We are not entertainers and think this is the best size for our lifestyle. Now I really need help... I tend to be cheap, but I want to make sure that I make good decisions on some of the fluff. (Coping) tile accents, etc. We are also trying to decide on Kool decking vs. pavers. The pool will be an "extension of our back porch and will be built off grade to accommodate the slope of the yard. We will also be doing a screen enclosure as we are in northwest FL.. and away from beach so have bugs to contend with.

Pool Peeps.. What do you wish you would have done but did not? The white pearl finish is standard. We thought about aqua pearl pebble...not sure if this is the "best" way to spend money since the white is "fine". Maybe I should spend extra on tile line and lighting. Help, I need help. We will have a large deck area and I would like to spend my "fun" money judicially and also make the decision before Im too old to get in to the pool and spa! I also don't want my cheapness to get in the way so that it looks like the base model boring pool.

Also equipment wise, we are going w an established pool co. One quote had somePS 4 Spa Controlled for $2300 but this only showed up once. Read title.. clueless newbie... Is this needed or not?

Help.. this girl needs help! Any input much appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County