Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seek Wet-Look, Non-Slippery Concrete Sealant

Posted by chisue (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 12 at 11:59

I thought someone using sealants around pools might have a suggestion for me. I want to enhance a new, colored, stamped concrete patio at a vacation rental in Hawaii. I'd like a wet look, but can't create a safety hazard for guests.

"Enrich N Seal" has been suggested. It is marketed for stone though, and I can't tell if it's meant only for interior applications.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seek Wet-Look, Non-Slippery Concrete Sealant

I just finished sealing my 1000sf patio and what I did was:
Pressure wash, sand the joints, sealant, really light sanding when tacky, then seal with final coat.

Or in your case just do some test runs on some concrete with the sealant and sand in order to make sure you have the right amount of non slip texture with the sand.

Also make sure you use a sprayer when applying the sealant.

Good Luck...GT

o
RE: Seek Wet-Look, Non-Slippery Concrete Sealant

Thanks for the reply, agreenthumb. Not sure what you mean about 'joints'. This is one rectangular slab of concrete 17 X 12. I believe the suggested product is spread, not sprayed. Are you saying to apply sand over the 'wet look' sealant to create texture? Wouldn't that kill the sheen?

I'm trying to manage this from home (Chicagoland). The project is on Maui. I am learning more than I ever wanted to know about this topic! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here