Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
topfiftybuilder

Thoughts and Prayers to PoolGuyNJ

topfiftybuilder
12 years ago

Scott is personally going through a tough medical situation right now and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Scott is a stand up guy and spends a lot of time making sure everyone has good information on these boards. I don't know how soon or if he has computer access right now... please leave a note or a get well wish... Get Well Soon Scott :)

Comments (129)

• sellse
    11 years ago

You have my heartfelt prayers as well, Scott!

• Shannon01
    11 years ago

When I saw this post I had to scroll through to see what was going on and was surprised. Why does that nasty C show up in such nice people?

As I saw the dates go by on the post I realized you just finished your chemo. Then I realized how closely my treatment dates were to yours. I was diagnosed with stage 2a (tumor was 1b but those nasty cells inside put me into the next level) breast cancer Jan 2010. I chose a lumpectomy followed by 6 aggressive chemos 3wks apart. My final chemo was 7/12/10. Radiation finished mid October. As you have your scan I will be having my next scheduled mammogram. Hope we both can celebrate.

The club we are in is not one I would recommend to anyone. Not sure why I became a member, I didn't ask to join, it just happened. Like you, I found this to be an inconvenience in this life I have. I told only a few close friends, I did not want pity or "oh, you look so good" comments when I knew I looked like crap. Everyone thought I had my hair professionally styled- it was a wig. And when my hair was long enough to toss the wig, they all thought I just cut it all off. I fooled them all! When I tell people what my life has been like since 1/15/2010 they cannot believe it. Then I show them the scar on my chest from the chemo port and the actual port which I now carry on my keychain! Heck yeah, I had to choose to put it in my chest so I figured I would choose what to do with it afterwards.

I will be thinking of you, praying for your health as I pray for my own. We are after all members of the same lously C club, we might as well look out for each other. Cheers!

• poolguynj
    11 years ago

I have been told by my doctors that I am now in remission.

My heart felt thanks to all for your support.

Scott

• renovxpt
    11 years ago

Hallelujah!

• willweeverbedone
    11 years ago

Just dropped back in after a couple years away raising my boys and found your thread. Incredible!!! Was sitting here stunned and read through to the end and found the joyful news. You've always been there since as long as I can recall. Congratulations on the news and may you enjoy many years to come.

With great appreciation, Ralph

• thejimbar
    11 years ago

Great news Scott! Keep the faith.
    Jim

• mastiff_lover
    11 years ago

Great news Scott !!! somebody up there is looking out for you....

• banana_fanna
    11 years ago

Awesome news, Scott. I hope each day just gets better and better.

• Karen Eagle
    11 years ago

I'm so happy for you and your family. Such great news!!!!!!

• Karen Eagle
    11 years ago

Hi Scott,
    You popped into my thoughts the other day. How are things going? Sending my best to you and your family!
    Karen

• ncrealestateguy
    11 years ago

It has been a while... I really hope all is well for you.

• thisoneis
    11 years ago

Just wanted to update that he passed away on Feb. 20th. I've never posted here before but I've used this site for years whenever I have a household/garden problem to solve. I always find answers, good tips and a wonderful community here.
    I googled PoolGuyNJ since I saw he hadn't updated in awhile and found his facebook where his wife posted about his passing. Prayers going out to his family, friends and colleagues.

• jmpeterson70
    11 years ago

Damn. That sucks. He was still posting in February. This is a real loss for this community, but my thoughts are with his family.

• maddielee
    11 years ago

I am so sorry to hear of his death. My he rest in peace.

ML

• topfiftybuilder
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have to say through this site I came to know Scott 5-6 years ago, he was recently helping me launch my forum. His attitude even as of a few weeks back was amazing... he truly believed he was going to beat it... He was an asset to our industry .. he will be greatly missed... Godspeed Scotty

• goastros
    11 years ago

Sad news Indeed. He was such a helpful person on the forum.

• thealct
    11 years ago

Terrible news. May he Rest in Peace. As a tribute to Scott, I intend to inscribe his name in my gunnite pool. Though not having met personally, his vast knowledge gave me the full confidence to implement a pool and that through just his postings.

• muddy_water
    11 years ago

God speed my friend.....

• Flipp1105
    11 years ago

Scott helped me out numerous times in the past two years. Prayers to him and his family.

• apdnj
    11 years ago

Scott was a great guy and very knowledgable with all kinds of pools. He couldn't be more helpful to anyone who asked anything of him and stayed positive to the end. I'll miss him and wish the best for his family. RIP Scott

• texgirl1
    11 years ago

This is very sad news and my prayers are with his family. I have been on this forum for a few months and hve enjoyed his advise and information and did not know he was even sick. So sad.

• njnspool
    11 years ago

Really sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

• Melanie2012
    11 years ago

Getting quotes for a new pool in conjunction with our new home under construction. I have read so much of Scott's advice over the last few months- what a wealth of information! I feel like I know him. So sorry to read of his passing. Prayers for his family.

To thealct: Your tribute is a great idea and one I think he would appreciate!

• mojobar
    11 years ago

I am just so sad. Fortunate for me, Scott was my pool guy. He closed my pool last year and he came back in October for an issue which he happily fixed. We always chatted and he had the best attitude to beat his illness. He had a fun sense of humor, a great love for life and of his family and he will truly be missed. My deepest condolences to Lori and his family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May Scott rest in peace.

• Karen Eagle
    11 years ago

I just checked back and was shocked to hear such sad news. He was such a special person. My deepest condolences to his family. RIP Scott.

• MPK 09
    11 years ago

What very sad news. My deepest condolences to Scott's family. I hope it will bring you comfort to know how helpful and kind he was to so many that he didn't even know!

• domingos35
    11 years ago

Very sad news for sure.
    May he rest in peace.

• zooming993
    11 years ago

I'm very sad to hear the news. I never met Scott but because of his helpfulness over the years he helped me realize there are still good people in this world. I will miss his replies. RIP Scott

• thejimbar
    11 years ago

RIP Scott, the forum won't be the same without you. Your knowledge and candor was much appreciated over the years.

• banana_fanna
    11 years ago

The majority of our pool construction was happening at the same time that my husband, Scott, was out of town on business a lot. So I was doing most of the selections and freaking out on my own. PoolguyNJ was so helpful and patient with me that I started referiing to him as 'My Other Husband Scott'. His expertise and no-nonsense style will be missed around here. Thoughts to his family whom I'm sure are missing him the most.

• michelle16
    11 years ago

Was so excited to read the post that he was in remission, and then so shocked when I read on. I had the pleasure of meeting him, what an incredible guy. May he rest in peace.

• zuggy333
    10 years ago

So much time has passed, yet I still think of Scott often. Turned on my waterfalls this morning, all the way in Michigan, and couldn't help but think of all the help Scott offered during my pool build. His time, patience and suggestions will never be forgotten, and will always be appreciated. RIP Scott...you are loved by even those who never met you!

• apdnj
    10 years ago

The forum isn't the same without Scott. I keep waiting to read his follow-ups but they never come. RIP Scott

• renovxpt
    10 years ago

i am stunned and so very sad. i argued and agreed with
    Scott on so many things. just cannot believe what i have just read and this happened.

• lindamarie
    10 years ago

I was reading these posts and thinking what a BLESSING! Now I am crying

• cabogirl
    10 years ago

I've been on this forum for close to 10 years. Lucky enough we finally got to build our pool 2 years ago. From being on this board for so long, I had received invaluable information and so much of it was from Scott. When it came time to build ours, it was no different. He was so generous with his time and knowledge and treated everybody with the up most respect. He is so missed. My prayers for his family and I bet he's building the biggest and best pool.

• paradigmdawg
    10 years ago

It's not often that a person like Scott comes into this world. I have a feeling, that he was way too valuable, to keep here and someone up high had a lot bigger plans for him and needed him sooner than he originally planned.

I had never met Scott but he did touch my life and I also think about him often.

• brentr_gw
    10 years ago

Quote:It's not often that a person like Scott comes into this world. I have a feeling, that he was way too valuable, to keep here and someone up high had a lot bigger plans for him and needed him sooner than he originally planned.
    I had never met Scott but he did touch my life and I also think about him often. End Quote.
    Very well said. I feel the same too.

• MiaOKC
    10 years ago

I have also been tremendously helped by Scott (sometimes with his no-nonsense brand of "tough love," ha ha!) in the short time I'd visited this forum and TFP. I really kept expecting him to pop back in and say that there had been some mistake, he was still around. Sadly, I know that isn't true, but I still somehow hope against hope. What a selfless, dedicated person. He will be tremendously missed by people he'd never even met, and I can only imagine how the people in his "real life" have been affected. Thoughts and prayers to them, indeed.

• banana_fanna
    10 years ago

It was our First Swim of the Season yesterday and dedicated it to Scott. RIP. We sure miss you around here.

• c9pilot
    10 years ago

Can anybody find an address for Scott's family?
    I'd love to send a card to let them know how much he touched people all around the U.S. in case they are not aware.
    I miss him.

• cascade
    10 years ago

Haven't been around for a while and I'm sorry to see this post. Godspeed, Scott.
    I googled poolguynj and see there's a website claiming to be the guy from the forums and a twitter handle of the same name. I hope it's not some unscrupulous people.

• apdnj
    10 years ago

That website was Scott's and the number was his.

• User
    10 years ago

I had been reading poolguy's answers to people on these forums. He seemed like an amazing person. I just signed up and I was going to send him an email so I searched for a recent post from him. Then I found this thread. I feel so :( now.

• just-a-pb
    10 years ago

Wow, so sad.
    I haven't been on here in quite a while, last I heard he was talking remission. Just cant believe it.

He left a big hole here, that no one can fill.

We will miss you Scott,
    RIP

• amyhlr
    9 years ago

Wow. I haven't been on this forum in probably 8-9 years, but I remember Scott well. I'm so sad for his family. He truly was a mentsch. RIP.

• Ilene Perl
    9 years ago

Scott sorry your going thru this. I've had radiation to the head, the worse thing for me (besides being tiered) was the head gear they made up for me. My parents had cancer when I was 21, my radiation therapy was in 2004, I'm 59...dad is 92 mom is 88, you will beat this! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Ilene, he passed away on Feb. 20, 2013, it's upthread but you probably missed it. He sounded like a wonderful guy and way too young to die.

• Lily Spider
    8 years ago

I was on this forum back on 2011/2012 while building our pool. Scott was a huge help. I kept wondering what happened and as I read through the thread was happy and then shocked and saddened. RIP.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus