Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindsgd

New Pool Build Bakersfield CA

lindsgd
11 years ago

Tomorrow we begin building our first pool which seemed to take forever to get to this point.

100 perimeter pool
2 cascading waterfalls
12" raised deck
750sq ft decking
2 deck jets
3-1/2 - 8ft deep
Dive Rock
Irish Mint Mini Pebble
Reflective Glass Firepit

We are doing this as an owner-builder with a hired consultant.

Comments (23)

• Valentino18
    11 years ago

The Irish Mint mini pebble by NPt's StoneScapes is gorgeous. I have only ever heard good things. Good Luck and happy swimming.

• golfgeek
    11 years ago

lindsgd,
    Be aware that consultants in California must be licensed. This has been a problem in the central valley for quite a few years and in Bakersfield in particular. Good luck.

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes he is licensed. Thanks for the heads up.

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the blank slate that we began with....

The first day was all about the dig and in about 4-1/2 hours it was completed.

Day 2 and 3 was the rough plumbing and electrical and rebar.

And them came the rain and turned our backyard into a muddy mess!!

Today the gasline is being installed for the firepit. Tomorrow is the first inspection and tuesday we should start the Gunite process.

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Great news we passed inspection this morning. Hopefully we will have Gunite tomorrow.

We will have to have reinspection for the gas line due to a faulty gauge but it won't hold the project up.

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The tile!

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    11 years ago

Love it! Keep the photos coming!!

Suzi

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The Gunite crew showed up at 7:30am and they were done by around 10. It is really starting to come together....

• Dru2012
    11 years ago

Looks great! We are about to start steel and plumbing on ours so we're right behind you....in Orange County, CA.

Have you seen the Irish Mint in real life? We are thinking about the Carribbean Breeze but not sure as we haven't seen it. Are you comfortable using it over Pebble Sheen?

Congrats! Look forward to seeing the progress...

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes we have seen a sample and its a pretty light color. It should contrast nicely with the tiles installed yesterday.

• PRO
    Aqua-Link Pools and Spas
    11 years ago

Your shotcrete should be cured for 21 days before applying your brown coat for tile and seven day cure time for the brown coat before setting the tile per the Tile Contractors of America code.

• jacksonbird03
    11 years ago

It seems good nice work and gather some information about the contractor and its license...

• MsMaryMac23
    11 years ago

How exciting! I would LOVE to have a pool like yours. I received 3 quotes for 16x32 with spa, two waterfalls, and flagstone edges for $48K
    -$55K. Is that reasonable to you?

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ours should finish right at 35k. We ended up having 1200 sq ft of decking.

As soon as the gunite cures in another week or so we'll be ready for the gemstone plaster.

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We are ready for decking. Plumber coming monday for any final height adjustments and to hook up the water descents and make sure the deck jets are where we want them.

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The decking has been completed and equipment has been set. We passed the inspection yesterday and today the PebbleSheen is being applied. It looks like they will start filling pool tomorrow evening. We are extremely pleased with the results.

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The finished product.

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Finished firepit at night.

• truxtc102
    10 years ago

I love your pool's color! It will be even more awesome once the landscape is complete! Congrats!:)

• glad2b
    10 years ago

I love your new pool - it is gorgeous!!! It's exactly what I would want a pool to look like, it's young and fresh and doesn't look like a botanical garden. You did a great job! Enjoy - I am green with envy. :)

• Dena Walters
    10 years ago

Beautiful, and quick! I love your firepit. We thought about having one but in my neighborhood we cannot have gas....it's an all electric neighborhood.
    Dena

• NewLKNPool
    10 years ago

very impressive!!! Great Job!

• lindsgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Some added touches.

Sponsored
Rosete Hardscapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Richmond, VA Professional Design-Build Firm Specializing in Hardscape