Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pdsgator_gw

Pool Equipment Question and Design Advice

pdsgator
11 years ago

looking to pull trigger on pool design and pb in next week or so. have had a few different designs priced. could use some help on equipment and design:

Equipment - 2 pb finalist; one is proposing for a 500 sq ft pool 1 - Sta-Rite 72 SF DE Filter, Easytouch 4sc controller with 10 button spa remote, IC40 chlorine generator, 1 skimmer, 2 pentair LED changing lights, letro automatic pool fill, never lube valves, and for 40 sq ft spa (12 jets) 1 Sta-Rite 400,000 but electric ignition gas heater, 1 - 2HP blower, and 1 Pentair LED light.

2nd PB is proposing Hayward products, but it hardto tell which ones. Hayward skimmer, Hayward cartridge filter, Inline chlorinator, Hayward 2 speed pool pump, 1HP silencer spa blower, Hayward 400,000 BTU natural gas heater, Hayward Heat Pro Heat Pump 140K BTU (pool), Hayward LED Color Logic pool and spa, Hayward Aqua Plus/40K Aqua rite salt system with pro-logic automation.

Its hard for me to make heads or tails of the above, whether comparable or not. neither have gone into great detail, but I have yet to ask because design has been getting tweaked.

Is this good equipment either way? Any thing I should be taking into consideration. I am on a budget.

Design Question:

Has any one seen a vanishing edge pool that drops into a sunken fire pit? I have looked and looked and cant find anything, maybe for good reason. I am leaning to screen enclosure but have a lot of fall on my property. was curious how it would look to have some elevation change on the deck and essential have zero edge at pool level and then 36-54 below have bench and fire pit facing lake - so pool waterfall to your back and lake to the front. thought it would create an interesting feature. any body seen something like this or have any input why this would not work?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!