Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sprinter123

Pool Co. Review -- who NOT to use

sprinter123
12 years ago

I would NOT use Gulf Coast Pool Co! Mike Caruso is a salesman first and a pool builder secondarily, he talks a good talk and is not able to back it up during the build process. It is also impossible to get this company to perform warranty work related to their own inadequate installation.

The build took significantly longer than first outlined, with very few weather related delays. They never showed up when they said they would and when they did show up it was only for a minimal amount of time. Mike was happy if they showed up 3-4 days a week and only worked an hour or two each day. At one point, we were told the project would be finished the next week; it took a little more than 2 months from that timeframe. I kept hearing that they would have it done by the end of the week and they would not even show up to work at all. Also be prepared to not get everything that was discussed and for them not to correct issues that come up; Mike�s favorite phrases are I do not recall and I have done all I can do.

The warranty process is just as bad if not worse, first no one will call you back, and again they do not show up when they said they will. They did send a couple of individuals to look at one problem, but to only confirm there was a problem, neither person could answer any specific questions related to the issue. There was only one person that acted like they cared after a couple of months of nothing being done; and that person would not make any guarantees that Mike would call or when the work would be scheduled. Once someone did show up, they only took care of one item on the list, and Mike does not seem to recall anything of the other items on the list.

Good luck with your build if you decide to use this company.