Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EasyTouch pool/spa settings

Posted by waterouzel (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 12, 12 at 22:39

Is it possible to change the EasyTouch settings so that spa mode is the default?
By that I mean whenever the filter pump is off the valves are in spa position not pool position.

Thanks.

Ian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EasyTouch pool/spa settings

Why not just reverse the valve actuator switches?

Scott

o

you should be able to just flip the little silver switches on the actuators. but your pool and spa words will then be backwards on EZ touch..but I think you can edit the names.

tony c

o

I would ask why you would want to do this.?

If you flip the switches at suggested above it will heat the pool to the spa temperature and visa versa.

If you set a program for the spa to run it would move the valves to the spa mode.

o

Thanks for the help.

I want to do this because I have a spa that is five feet higher than the pool and when the pump is off with the valves in pool mode water drains from the spa back thru the partially opened spa return valve, thru the check valve and into the pool. Overnight this will empty the spa. I can't replace the check valve without a major plumbing overhaul which I would like to avoid. Are Jandy check valves repairable in place?

I was sure switching the valve actuator switches would do the trick as suggested but it doesn't--when the pump shuts down the valves return to pool mode or stay in pool mode depending on what program is run. I may experiment with changing the circuit names next.

o

Usually, the 8 screws come out, the old top and flapper are remove and the new one inserted and screwed down.

Scott

PS - Remember to drain the spa first!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here