Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sean_jackofsome

nordic hot tub repair nightmare

sean.jackOfSome
10 years ago

We bought a used Nordic hot tub with a Gecko controller and an Aquaflo Flo-master XP2 pump about 10 years ago and it recently stopped working the controller was blank the led on the spapac board was on the fuses were good line power was what it should be: so I bought a topside controller. that was not the problem the spapack was bad. Replaced the spa pack and I had a lot of noise and bubbles coming out of the jets with the air ventures off and the controller errors out with FLO. I adjusted the pressure switch until I got a FLC error and then backed it up 1/4 turn. I then noticed a piece of a disintegrated impeller ware ring in the old heating element. I took the pump out and cracked the impeller shaft. I got a new wet end from poolpartsdotcom and still had bubbles in the jets. I replaced all the seals in the new wet end and still got an air leak.

my symptoms are pump turns on no bubbles for a period of time(10 to 60 seconds) then bubbles, then FLO error, after 4 or 5 cycles of the pump I get a HL error and the top surface of the heater is hot.. If I take out the filter there are less bubbles and maybe it will take 8-10 cycles before it trips to HL.

I don't see a water leak (area is clean) and I cannot hear the air leak (I tried listening with a stethoscope and a pipe).

My better half is loosing patience.

This post was edited by sean.jackOfSome on Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 22:27