Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Patching Kool Deck?

Posted by shannonanno (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 7, 10 at 22:13

We have a 3 year old kool deck that has a few small divits and 1 crack line-it is also looking dirty and needs a new coat of paint. How and what materials should we use to ensure the integrity of the kool decking? We live in Houston and definately need it!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Patching Kool Deck?

Is it real Kool decking, or an Acrylic product.
Kool deck is not painted during the install.

o

I don't know if it is true Kool Decking-I am the second owner-

o

Does it look like it is painted?

A picture would tell alot.

o

Call Josh or Darrin at Creative Cement Coatings in Houston (I think it's 713-937-9200) I have them on speed dial so I'm not sure. It used to be 713-996-0000 but they've moved the business to a new facility. If this was the wrong number there should be an intercept on the old phone number giving you the correct number.
Their family has been in this business for decades.

See ya,
Kelly

o

I hope it's okay to piggyback on this thread, as it's the same topic. I'm also not the original owner of my pool. The deck will get relatively clean with a real close pressure wash, but I'm wondering if that's taking away any coating that was keeping dirt from adhering as much, making it more porous? My wife believes that it used to be cleaner, but I'm not sure. She wonders if the pits have become deeper, making the dirt harder to get to, though I would think any eroding would be more on top, making the pits shallower? If it is dirtier, I'm wondering if it's more porous now and needs a coating?
I'll post photos after a quick pressure wash my teenager did, so not quite as close of a cleaning as can be done. If I went closer I was able to get a bit more off, but the pits seem hard to clean - have to go real close (with a 2,000 ppsi washer) and/or on an angle. Here are 2 photos of mine, if they help.
If this is or even isn't true Kool Deck, should there be a coating? If we paint, do we need it completely cleaned, even better than this?

Here is a link that might be useful: My deck photos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here