Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pool alarms

Posted by natich26 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 12, 12 at 21:36

I am having a pool built in the Orlando FL area. Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy alarms for the doors and windows that lead directly to the pool. They must pass the Building code. I think they have to be UL 2017 with at least 80 decimals. Trying to do it myself to save some money.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pool alarms

I used a Poolguard Model DAPT which is UL Listed to UL 2017 and 85 dB Horn At 10 Feet. I just stuck it up with double stick tape for inspection and then removed it. No kids in our family and none ever come over.

It is in my closet if you want it. I think I paid $75 and I would let it go for $25.

o

we just bought these flip locks for all our exterior doors, but 2-3 weeks after the pool was filled our kids had already learned how to swim. it's a much cheaper alternative.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=1G1ACEW_ENUS471&q=flip+lock&gs_sm=12&gs_upl=2402l4040l0l6505l9l7l0l0l0l0l219l999l1.5.1l7l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11644425800203186011&sa=X&ei=w8U7T_qaHKTi2gXm3Y3zBg&ved=0CD4Q8wIwAA#

o

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=68&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=21424&category_id=1819

cheap ones

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here