Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Renovation - Deep end raise the floor from 9' to 6'

Posted by d95sld95 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 1, 12 at 21:04

I am thinking about renovating an old Anthoney inground pool. I would like to raise the floor of the deep end from the current 9 feet to about 6 feet.

I am not sure if that is possible? The pluming for the main drain is almost certainly broken. I would like to have two new main drains and plumbing installed at the 6' level and just channel the pipes out through the side wall between the 6' and 9' level.

How would a builder go about accomplishing this task? Install re-bar and fill with sand and concrete?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Renovation - Deep end raise the floor from 9' to 6'

Crushed concrete, compacted for the floor base. Punch a hole in the shell for the new drain line. Dowel in new rebar for the floor and shoot it.

Scott

o

I think Scott means crushed stone/rock. 3/4" crushed rock is easy to handle and provides a good base. Or recyled concrete that has been thru a crusher..

o

The recycled concrete is exactly what is meant. 3/4 gravel is good too, if available.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here